Notre Dame Mission Volunteer AmeriCorps openings (2)
RYP is excited to partner with Notre Dame-AmeriCorps Baltimore, which believes that education is the fundamental tool in the struggle of the poor for human dignity, self-esteem, and self-determination. Notre Dame AmeriCorps Mission Volunteers seek to build community among our members, as well as the people with whom they work by reaching out across culture and class. Visit their website here to learn more. http://www.ndmva.org/
|Service Position Title||Refugee Education Assistant|
|Service Location||The NDA member will be based out of the Refugee Youth Project’s office at the Baltimore Resettlement Center (3516 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224), and s/he will also be placed at out-of-school-time programming sites located where the majority of refugee youth can access them. The Refugee Youth Project anticipates partnering with at least two new program sites starting in January 2018.|
|Immediate Supervisor/Title||Brittany DeNovellis
|Service Position Summary||The NDA member supports Baltimore City Community College’s Refugee School Impact Program by providing individualized support to humanitarian immigrant youth and families in the greater Baltimore metropolitan area.
The member will plan and implement out-of-school time programs to support the academic success of newly-arrived students, and provide one-on-one/small group instruction to youth as necessary. S/he will create and monitor Individualized Service Plans for each student to help youth set and attain their educational goals. The member will make referrals to outside services to support students’ integration and success. S/he will also collaborate with RYP’s other team members to provide career and college readiness assistance to youth.
The NDA member will be involved with parent outreach, parent engagement, and school capacity building. S/he will help design and coordinate workshops that teach parents about the American educational system and encourage parents to become more involved in their children’s education.
|Commitment Required||40 hours per week between 10 am – 6:30 pm; service may include Saturdays (once per month or weekly) depending on the needs of the refugee families and partnering sites.
We are seeking a part-time service member from January to June 2018.
|Apply now: http://ndmva.org/apply|
RYP Communication and Advocacy Intern
RYP Communication and Advocacy Intern
We need you if: you are passionate about advocating for educational advancement and social
adjustment for refugees and feel comfortable working in a diverse, multicultural environment! We are
looking for someone who is excellent at communicating, being proactive, and working independently.
This internship provides an opportunity to be involved in research, writing and analysis, administrative
work, website and social media management; and significant involvement in our advocacy projects.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 6 month commitment.
Hours: 10 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.
• Engage professionally with social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material to promote of RYP work
• Update RYP’s website when needed
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for advocacy and communications
• Provide general administrative support
• Excellent analytical and writing skills required;
• Proven ability to synthesize information and communicate it simply and effectively;
• Ability to keep tight deadlines and commitments;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently;
• Superior attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions;
• Excellent ability to read, analyze and write documents, articles, etc.
• Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Content Management
System (CMS) experience will be a plus
Intern reports to: Amber Hengen, Refugee School Impact specialist
Benefits: This position is unpaid but it is a great opportunity to work for a small organization with a big
To apply, please email Amber Hengen at email@example.com with your
resume/CV and a cover letter highlighting your specific skills and why you are interested to
work with us.